This recipe is made for people who may want a traditional-tasting holiday spread but without all the hassle of large dishes and large calorie counts! It also makes a great weeknight meal because you are done with the main dish and the sides in 1 ½ hours with only about 30 minutes active time.
Makes 2 large Servings
- 2 lb. pork loin
- 1 Onion Soup Seasoning Packet
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Garlic powder & pepper, to taste
- 1 family-size can of green beans
1. Preheat oven to 500o.
2. Slice Sweet Potato into quarters and chop into 1 inch pieces. Place to one side of large pan. Drizzle olive oil on top of potatoes and sprinkle with black pepper and garlic powder, to taste. I used about ¼ tsp. pepper and ½ tsp. garlic powder.
3. Place pork loin on opposite side pan (it’s okay if the pork and potatoes touch) and sprinkle onion seasoning packet on top. Using hands, rub seasoning into meat on top, bottom and sides.
4. Roast on lower rock of oven for 12 minutes, or 6 minutes per pound if loin weighs more or less. Turn oven off but do not open the door! Set timer for 1 hour.
5. Remove pan from oven, cover with foil and let juices distribute evenly before cutting. This should take 8-10 minutes.
6. While juices are distributing, heat green beans and season to taste.
7. Serve your easy Thanksgiving meal!
You can take it over the top with a nice appetizer, like cranberry crackers and goat cheese or veggies and hummus. For dessert, try making my microwave apple cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a well-balanced (and still indulgently-delicious) holiday meal!
Have a blessed & Relaxing Holiday!